Sunday, July 31, 2011

It's about time for one of my political rants

First read the articles sent to me by a friend. My response to the articles follows.



Article by Wayne Snow Opelika-Auburn News 7/29/2011. 
 
 
 
From Washington Post......Senator John Kerry speech 7/29/2011 on Debt limit and Balanced Budget.
 

With all due respect, I just don't buy the articles/speeches are written by those I consider out of touch with reality.

In reference to the first article, the comment referring to "goofballs like Michelle Bachman offering overly simplistic solutions", what's more simple than cutting the credit limit and spending when you are out of money?  When my credit limit is gone, I don't continue to spend money.  And I don't take my copier and make more money.

And I don't care who's done it in the past, stop doing it now.

Increasing the debt limit and/or not cutting spending will also hurt the stock market.  Business and the promise of making money runs the market.  Businesses won't grow and make 401k's money if they anticipate a rise in expenses or taxes.  Dad & I have lost 3 accounts to this horrible economy and to the increasing government interference.

To respond to the second article and the comment about expanding infrastructure to keep up with what China, Europe & Brazil are doing... who the heck wants to live in China, Europe, or Brazil? I don't recall there being a lot of personal wealth realized by the people of those countries.  In fact, Americans living at the poverty level are probably still better off than most residents of those countries.  We have missionaries that go to Brazil and from what they tell me, most of the country is living in squaller. I wonder if Chinese American prefer living here to the homeland?

Let's ask investors why they are putting their money overseas.  The likely culprit is high American taxes on investments and increasing government involvement in the way the American business operates...like government mandated health care.  You should read the fine print on how this legislation affects no only the "big bad" corporations but also "mom&pop shops". I've been in taxation education. I know the fine print.

Tax preparers like me will also now get to assist Uncle Sam in levying fines on individuals who do not have health insurance coverage. Sound a little Big Brother to anyone?

Also, maybe fewer Americans aren't going to college because most k-12 American children are schooled by the government.  Students are shuffled through the schools,  dumbed down in the doctrine of "sameness" make sure the strugglers don't feel bad about themselves, not encouraged to excel, and they are taught that if they can't make it...don't worry, the government will be there with your free cell phone, cheap or free housing, free food stamp card, and free medical care if life gets too hard for you.   The new generation of Americans have been shown the free ride ticket. Why would you want to work hard when you don't have to?

We're overweight, under-moralized and impatient.  We gripe about having to wait more than 5 minutes in a drive thru when we aren't having to go out and actually hunt or grow our food to survive!

As far as I'm concerned, the subtle seduction of the promise of being cared for is the snake oil of mainstream politicians, who have in Washington so long, they are far removed from real American life.  Historically, they have sought to increase the size of government and decrease the freedoms of individuals.

The tea party sentiment wouldn't be so popular if it didn't ring so true in the ears of many Americans who are sick and tired of the status quo.
I'm ready for the revolution.  2012 Toss 'Em Out.
Get them out of our business and let's get ourselves back on track.
I am a conservative, God-fearing independent Constitutionalist and this has been my two cents worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment